WHASN Mammography Center at Lake Mead is seeking a Mammography Office Manager. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Mammography Cluster location to include supervising staff, maximize productivity and cost control. Implement and maintain efficient office workflows and excellent customer service for our patients and customers. Directly supervise staff and be available to troubleshoot and resolve issues for the providers and the patients. This position is in direct contact with referring care center staff and physicians. As the primary liaison with care centers, it is necessary to build effective relationships to seek information for continuous operational improvement.
In addition, will be responsible for conducting patient/guarantor interviews, explaining financial responsibilities, and collection of patient payments. Handles patient inquiries related to the registration and billing processes. Ensures all necessary demographic and financial data is obtained and accurately documented in the patient EMR system. Identifies appropriate payor source for routing revenue generated during the patient visit. Ensures any pre-certification and/or authorization is obtained to meet individual payor payment authorization protocols.
Handles all aspects of billing for medical imaging claims.
Ensures staff always follow HIPAA guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement office policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor and discipline all positions within the cluster
- Train front office staff.
- Ensure compliance with billing, HIPAA, and applicable healthcare regulations.
- Maintain high professionalism.
- Process payroll for all positions
- Approve PTO for all positions ensuring adequate coverage of daily needs
- Receive staff calls for illness or tardiness
- Ensure adequate staffing for day-to-day operations and provide backup assistance when necessary.
- Recruit and hire for new administrative positions (work with HR to post position, review applications, interview applicants, and send final candidates to Operations Manager for their review)
- Responsible for onboarding new employees to care center
- Coordinate staff meetings and agendas with Mammography Operations Manager at least on a quarterly basis.
- Register patient demographics and financial data.
- Enter all necessary information for billing purposes.
- Collect deductibles, copays, and payments of non-covered services to ensure collectability of account.
- Resolve Drop claims daily, denials and inquires.
- Report patients visit statistics daily, weekly, and as needed.
- Work with Central Business office to resolve denied Billing claims.
- Ability to utilize EMR to communicate with care centers.
- Schedule patients that are required to return for additional Breast imaging.
- Complete patients request for CD’s and imaging reports.
- Request and track patients prior breast imaging for comparison
- Assist with importing prior mammograms into the PACS system.
- Assist patients with Billing questions related to the exams performed.
- Ability to work well with others and counsel staff, when necessary, with the support of the Mammography Operations Manager.
Additional Job Functions:
- Attend Unified and UMAMS meetings
- Complete all assigned compliance and education requirements
- Assist in recruiting staff
- Assist in special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Staff Payroll and work schedules
- Ordering of all office supplies and PPE
- High School Diploma with an Associate degree in Business, or 5 years in a medical leadership position.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a medical office supervisor or lead
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in medical imaging billing
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Previous experience working in an imaging environment highly desirable
- Proficient in Athena Health highly desirable